Seller Interface Guide
In order to use your Seller Interface you should first log in to your account. Click the Login link at the top of the page. Enter your username & password and click OK.
Before you start uploading you should open your images in your image editing software and fill-in the Title, Description and Keywords IPTC intormation (in English). In Adobe Photoshop® go to "File" menu and choose "File Info...". This is not madatory at this time but highly advised. If you upload images with no IPTC information you will need to edit them in your Account Page and enter this information. It's better to embed the IPTC information in your images once for all. Once embedded, your IPTC tags will be available in any image cataloging software or other online stock agency you may use in the future.
Learn more about IPTC from The IPTC website and from Wikipedia.
When logging in you should be directed to your Account Page. If you are not viewing your Account Page then click the My Account link at the top of the page. Now click the Uploads link in left column, then click the New Upload link to use our defaut Flash Uploader Tool.
- Select up to 3 categories in which your new images will be filed on our site.
- Check the Editorial box in case you need to limit these images to Editorial use only. A photo featuring people or brands from which you don't hold a signed model or property release can be licensed for editorial use only.
- If you want to attach a model or property release to your photo then select it from your list of models. For your model and property releases to appear in this list you should upload it prior to your photo. (Read below "Uploading Model and Property Releases").
- Read our Terms and Conditions. If you do agree click I agree and click the Next step button.
- Click the Select Images button and browse your hard drive for images (select multiple files at once using the 'Shift' key). Wait until thumbnails are created, then click the Upload button and you are done. You are now presented with your My Uploads page where you can edit your images and fill the Title, Description and Keywords if your files didn't have IPTC information embedded. Your images have the "Pending" status for now. They need to pass through the approval queue (up to 48h) before they are available for sale.
Alternatively, you can use our Java Uploader: click the Status link in the left column (under Uploads) then click the Java Uploader button. Drop your image files where indicated, then click the green arrow underneath your images thumbnails in order to start the upload process. Wait until every thumbnail shows a green checkmark sign at it's upper left corner, then click the Next Step button and you are done. You are now presented with your My Uploads page where you can edit your images and fill the Title, Description and Keywords if your files didn't have IPTC information embedded. Your images have the "Pending" status for now. They need to pass through the approval queue (up to 48h) before they are available for sale.
Uploading Model and Property Releases
In order to link an image to a model or property release, you have to upload the release first. So that when uploading your image, you can select it's release from a list.
- In the left column of your Account Page, under Uploads, click the Model and Property releases link.
- Click the Add Model or Property release button.
- Enter a Title for your model or property release.
- You may a Description for your model or property release. (Not madatory).
- You may browse your disk and select a .jpg image representing the model or property. (Not madatory).
- Next to "Model or Property release" click the Browse button. Browse your disk and select the signed model or property release document*.
- Click the Upload button.
* Download Blank Model Release and Blank Property Release if you need them.
Editing your uploads
- In the left column of your Account Page, under Uploads, click the My Uploads link.
- Use the tabs right above your Uploads Table to choose whether you want to view All of your uploads, your Approved uploads, your Pending uploads or your Rejected uploads.
- To permanently delete an upload click its checkbox and click the Delete button at bottom of page. To edit an upload click the Edit link. There you can perform changes to your images such as moving it to another category, changing it's title, description and keywords. Note that if you edit an image which was already approved it will have to pass through the approval queue again.
Monitoring your Earnings
In the left column of your Account Page, click the My Commission link.
Click the Earning link to monitor which of your images were sold, when and how much you got for each sale.
Click the Payout link for details about payments that were sent to you by kosherstock. In order for us to send your
Click the Settings link and enter the PayPal® and/or MoneyBookers® email address you wish to receive your payments to.
the Balance link for a Summary of your earnings, payments and balance.
Asking for Payment
- Check your balance amount. If the amount is 50 credits (US Dollars) or more you can request a payment.
- Make sur you have entered your PayPal® and/or your MoneyBookers® email address under the Settings tab.
- Click the Contact Form link at the bottom of the page. In your message let us know:
- Your username (login name),
- The amount of credits (US Dollars) you wish to draw from your balance (Note: you can not draw less than 50 credits),
- The payment gateway you want the money sent to (PayPal® or MoneyBookers®), in case you have both accounts in your settings.
Payments are issued monthly, on the 10th day of each month.
Customizing your Account
When looking at your images, if a user clicks your username he is presented with some information about you (your country and city of residence, your website address (if applicable), the date you registered to kosherstock and your company name (if applicable). Users can also browse your entire portfolio. We suggest that you write down a short bio or present yourself in a few words (this will show under the About tab). To do so, click the My Account link, then click the Edit link under your username in the left column and fill in the About field.
It is a requirement of our license, that all images used for editorial purposes are accompanied by the words: "© Artist’s Name/kosherstock" or simply "kosherstock" in case you didn't make your name publicly viewable in your profile. To make your name publicly viewable insert the following line at the beginning of your Profile: "Copyright Your Name".